Thursday, October 27, 2022

Handmade Necklace + Rosette ♡

necklace and rosette made by me

Item feito à mão com restos de burando? É aqui mesmo!

Handmade item with leftover burando? Right this way!

Quando eu comprei meu parasol da Angelic Pretty numa viagem a Paris, ele veio embalado em uma sacola pink e com um lacinho de tecido vermelho com estampa da AP. Eu obviamente não queria jogar o lacinho fora nem deixar colado em alguma agenda/diário para esquecer depois, então pensei que fazer um acessório fofo handmade seria uma opção melhor.

When I bought my Angelic Pretty parasol in a trip to Paris, it came packed in a pink bag and with a red fabric ribbon with AP's print on it. I obviously did not want to throw it away or glue it on a journal/diary and forget later, so I thought making a cute handmade accessory would be a better option.

Angelic Pretty Paris + parasol bought there

...E cadê o lacinho? - So, where's the ribbon?

Pesquisei por alguns colares sweet lolita na internet para usar de inspiração. A maioria é da AP, mas tem uns fofos do Aliexpress, um de uma marca chamada Dandy Puppetrois (nunca havia ouvido falar!) e Sweet Juju (idem, também é novo para mim).

I searched for some sweet lolita necklaces on the internet to use as inspiration source. Most of them are from AP, but there are some cute ones from Aliexpress, one from a brand called Dandy Puppetrois (never heard of it!) and Sweet Juju (same, also new for me).

cute lolita fashion necklaces in red and pink

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8

Como eu já sabia que o tema ia ser vermelho com lacinhos, claro, para aproveitar a fita, comecei com esses materiais:

Since I already knew the theme would be red with bows, of course, to re-use the ribbon, I began with these materials:

materials for a handmade necklace

Não tenho a disposição para fazer algo com corrente de metal e pérolas, então vou começar com o que tenho por aqui e talvez comprar umas coisinhas pra complementar. Também percebi que a fita da AP é razoavelmente longa...

I don't have the will to do something with a metal chain and pearls, so I will start with what I have here and maybe buy some stuff to complement it. I also realized the AP ribbon is quite long...

two bows and a ribbon

Comecei comprando mais fita vermelha. Assim deu pra fazer a parte do meio e transformar o material da AP em dois laços fofos! Decidi que vou fazer dois acessórios de coração: um colar e uma rosette.

I started by buying more red ribbon. Thus I was able to make the middle part and change the AP raw material into two cute bows! I decided to make two heart-shaped accessories: a necklace and a rosette.

painted hearts - corações pintados

Pintei a base (os corações) de vermelho testei fazendo uma sobreposição do laço + do cordão novo + das miçangas que eu tinha por aqui - o cordão vermelho não serviu. Sinceramente não gostei...

I painted the base (the hearts) with red and tested a sobreposition of the bow + the new string + some beads I had around - the red cord did not fit. Honestly, did not like it...

red beads on a string with a heart shaped pendant

UGH :(

Dei um tempo no projeto, fui atrás de mais miçangas e comecei a pintar detalhes no coração vermelho. Vamos ver se agora melhora! Ah, por sinal, eu tinha outros cordões e pingentes por aqui, então acabei pensando em fazer algo para eles também.

I took a break from this project, went after new beads and began painting details on the red hearts. Let's see if it gets better! Ah, by the way, I had other strings and charms lying around, so I thought of making something good for them too.

crafting materials

Os colarzinhos que fiz enquanto "dava um tempo" do projeto principal ficaram delicados, eu gostei:

The little necklaces I did while "taking a break" from the main projects ended up delicate and nice, I like them:

handmade necklaces

Fui atrás de novas miçangas e deixei os corações secando depois de mais e mais tinta...

I went after new beads and left the hearts drying after using more and more paint...

new beads

Aproveitem também para plissar a fita grande e fazer a borda da rosette. No fim, fui juntando tudo com cola quente. Ficou assim:

I also used the time to pleat the large ribbon and make the rosette's border. In the end, I was just hot glueing everything. That's how it came out:

handmade necklace and rosette

O resultado ficou bem chamativo, vermelho, vibrante, bem over the top. Fica mais bonito na frente de um vestido, é claro ;)

The result is very bold, red, vibrant, very over the top. It looks nicer in front of a dress, of course ;)

Eu já montei alguns colares nessa vida, mas a rosette foi a primeira vez. Usei um 2-way-clip / prendedor de cabelo e broche de roupas para deixar ela mais versátil. Acho que vai ser usado em muitos coords daqui pra frente!

I've done some necklaces in this lifetime, but it was my first time making a rosette. I used a 2-way-clip to make it more versatile, so I can use it both on my hair or pinned on clothing. I think it will be used in many coords from now on!

Necklace test

Vou adorar ler dicas para uma próxima tentativa de acessório handmade :D Mas por hoje é isso, até a próxima vez! Beijinhos ♡

I'll love reading your tips for a next try at a handmade accessory :D But that's it for today, see you next time! Kisses ♡

4 comments:

  1. Ficaram super lindinhos <3 Eu simplesmente amo handmades

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ai, obrigadinha! Espero poder fazer mais coisinhas em breve :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Obrigada!
      Agora preciso criar novos looks com esses acessórios vermelhos ♡♡

      Delete